The International Society for Ecological Modelling (ISEM) promotes the international exchange of ideas, scientific results, and general knowledge in the area of the application of systems analysis and simulation in ecology and natural resources management.
The Society was formed in Denmark in 1978—following the journal Ecological Modelling, which was formed in 1975—and today has chapters in Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa. ISEM sponsors conferences, symposia, and workshops that promote the systems philosophy in ecological research and teaching, and in the management of natural resources.
This global conference is the 20th biennial conference of the Society and looks to bring together scientists from all professions and applications that deal with the use of ecological models and systems ecology.
The conference will feature prominent keynote speakers, special symposia arranged by leading scientists, general oral and posters sessions, as well as preceding short courses and opportunities for field excursions following the conference. Conference papers will be considered for a special issue in the journal Ecological Modelling.
- Dynamic Ecological Simulation Models (aquatic, terrestrial, energetics, biogeochemical, etc.)
- Ecological Modelling and Environmental Management (Risk assessment, Flow Analysis, Sustainability, Ecotoxicology, Monitoring and Planning)
- Modelling Coupled Natural and Social Systems (Socio-Ecological, Urban, Integrated Assessment)
- Modelling of Ecosystem Services
- Biodiversity and Conservation Modelling
- Ecological Landscape and Land Use Change Modelling
- Ecological Modelling for Climate Change
- Network Modelling
- Systems Ecology