Friday, October 23, 2015
What's in it for you?
- Communication training and ongoing opportunities to engage with museum visitors.
- Certificate of completion and letters of acknowledgment as needed.
- Consultation on broader impact plans to fulfill grant and other outreach requirements.
- Opportunities to network with local scientists committed to public engagement and education professionals.
- Museum membership.
What does it take?
We’re on the lookout for industry or academic researchers or science professionals interested in specialized training to engage public audiences in meaningful ways.
- Participation in OMSI's Science Communication "Short Course," a series of four professional development workshops focused on builidng skills to effectively communicate with public audiences. (Workshops are 3–4 hours each, spaced over 3–4 months.)
- Collaboration with museum educators to develop a unique, hands-on activity and display representing each Fellow's work.
- Participation in a minimum of three Meet a Scientist programs per year, a public program held on the second Saturday of each month, exclusively featuring Fellows with their hands-on, table-top activities.